Hampton Hall Club Local Rules
1. “Burn lines” define the margins of Lateral
Hazards and Water Hazards. RED stakes (Lateral)
and YELLOW stakes (Water) are used to identify
2. The “burn lines” marking the edges of hazards are
to be played as Ground Under Repair.
3. Out of Bounds are defined by WHITE stakes and /
or Property stakes (GREEN stakes with white tops).
4. A golf ball crossing a lateral lagoon hazard, which
edges the fairway, and lands on the other side in
or near an improved lot is deemed to be Out of
Bounds even if it is not marked.
5. A golf ball crossing a community street or road is
deemed to be Out of Bounds even if the ball lands
on the golf course on the other side.
6. All sandy areas marked with BLUE stakes are
designated as natural areas and therefore are
played as “through the green”.
7. Free line-of-site relief may be taken from sprinkler
heads around the green provided the heads are
within two club-lengths of the green, and the ball is
within two club-lengths of the sprinkler heads.
8. Free relief may be taken from any newly-sodded
areas or areas being prepared for sodding.
9. Free relief may be taken for interference with
stance or swing from stakes and /or wires
10. Free relief may be taken from the flower bed
located around the oak tree on #13.
11. A player may obtain distance information by using
a device that measures distance only.
12. Wrong putting green: the practice putting greens
right of #9 fairway, adjacent to # 9 green and behind
#9 green are all defined as a wrong putting green.
The player must take relief under rule 25-3.
13. If play is limited to “Golf Cart Path Only” on ALL
holes, then a ball may be lifted, cleaned ,and
replaced without penalty on all closely mown
areas through the green.
14. When a ball lies on the putting green, there is no
penalty if the ball or ball marker is accidentally
moved by the player, the partner, the opponent, the
caddie or the equipment. The ball or ball marker
must be replaced. note: if the ball is moved by
natural causes it must be played as it lies.
Lockers are available to all golf members. Visit the Golf Shop for details.
Rentals are available for guests and are complimentary for golf members.
Golf Carts, Pull Carts, Etc.
Golf carts and pull carts are available to members and guests
— see the Golf Staff for pricing.
Members’ golf carts are charged an annual trail fee and billed monthly via the Club billing process.
Walking with golf clubs is available to golf members and guests.
20% discount on all clothing, clubs, bags etc. for all golf members.
Shoe-shine service is available in the Golf Shop.
Reciprocal golf at other local courses is available. Ask the Golf Shop what courses are available.